Would you like to work in a high-growth company at the heart of Bangalore’s tech startup community, supporting entrepreneurs and startups in creating globally successful tech products?
TechHub is a worldwide organisation with hubs across Europe and Asia and counts Google amongst its global partners. Our member startups around the world raise multiple millions of dollars in funding each year and have been acquired by the likes of Microsoft, Google, Twitter and Facebook. Using your skills and knowledge, you have the chance to make an impact on the success of our global community.
Who are we?
TechHub is the global community for tech entrepreneurs and startups. We work with over 700 companies around the world to help them scale. The TechHub network unites startups building their own tech products, enabling them to collaborate, work smarter, develop faster and increase their chances of startup success. We’ve launched TechHubs in London and 5 other European cities alongside Bangalore, with more international communities on the way!
In February 2016 we announced our global partnership with Google for Entrepreneurs to help our our startups go truly global. We are excited to give each and every TechHub member in the world access to programmes and assistance from Google, including Google mentors, programmes, demo days, and Google Cloud Platform credits for qualifying startups.
You will be in great company - every TechHub team member is smart, fun, friendly and all-round awesome. You will be part of a truly organisation and work with the extended TechHub family - teams in the United Kingdom, Spain, Poland, Latvia and Romania, and colleagues of more than 10 different nationalities.
TechHub is scaling up fast and we're looking for a talented and passionate Ecosystem Development to join the Bangalore team. This is a great opportunity for someone who knows their way around the Indian startup scene (with at least one year’s experience working with or in a tech startup), has an awesome personality, loves interacting with people and is keen to use those skills while working in Bangalore’s hottest startup environment.
TechHub Bangalore is a small but mighty super-team. You will work closely with our Community Development Manager (who cultivates the TechHub community and its member startups) and our Event Manager (who designs, hosts, produces and runs our entire content programme).
If you're looking for a 9-to-5 job where you don’t need to use your brain and can just relax behind a computer - this position isn’t for you. If you’re looking to work in a fast-paced environment that is constantly changing and never boring; where you’ll support smart, creative and inspiring individuals that are developing innovative tech products - keep reading.
The Ecosystem Development Manager’s role involves growing and curating the most diverse and supportive community in the tech startup ecosystem; using your business acumen to create impactful partnerships and opportunities with various organisations and stakeholders in the Indian tech ecosystem; and creating awareness of our community, members and their startups within the Indian startup ecosystem… and beyond it!
- Lead business development - you are responsible for anything and everything related to TechHub membership, business development and partnership opportunities.
- Grow and curate the TechHub member community - you will be working with our Community Development Manager to grow our member community, manage incoming applications/leads and ensure prospective members represent a good fit for our community.
- Grow our engagement with stakeholders in the tech ecosystem - you will represent TechHub externally, raising awareness of our brand and creating opportunities for meaningful engagement with key stakeholders within the wider ecosystem - startups, journalists, investors, members of the government, etc.
- Marketing and communications - you will lead on our external marketing and comms - managing social media marketing, press relations, blogging, promotional campaigns.
- Brand awareness and outreach - this will involve hosting relevant events with external audiences (talks, round tables, VIP tours), participating in conferences and speaking engagements, networking, and more.
- Assess and manage partnerships - creating opportunities to engage with relevant partners in a way that generates maximum value for our community.
- Represent TechHub with confidence and charisma - you will be interacting with lots of different people on a daily basis. You need to be able to find a common language with anyone, from a university graduate to a famous technology investor, and get them excited about becoming a member or collaborating with our community.
Our ideal candidate
You’ll be an essential member of the team and we will rely on you to be a friendly, knowledgeable and professional face of TechHub. You are:
- Experienced in sales, business development, marketing, PR - top-notch professional commercial, marketing and communication skills combined are fundamental to this role.
- Commercially minded - you are comfortable speaking the language of marketing/sales funnels, know your way around a business model, and have a creative and strategic mindset.
- Very familiar with the Indian tech startup ecosystem - experience working with different stakeholders in the tech startup ecosystem is essential to this role. At least one year’s experience in a technology startup environment is a must-have.
- Friendly and personable with great communication skills – you are charismatic and a good listener, love interacting with people and understanding their needs.
- Creative, process-driven, proactive - while you're great at jumping in and doing things last-minute when necessary, you have strong skills in creating processes to ensure that nothing is forgotten and your work flows smoothly. We’d love you to discuss solutions and improvements, anticipate issues before they arise, and take action where it’s needed.
- Excellent at remembering names and faces – you’ll be getting to know the people who visit us. Everyone loves to be treated like a valued member, rather than a membership number!
- Super organised and a proactive problem solver – great at managing your time and workload to ensure everything gets done, and skilled at balancing multiple priorities at any given time. You never settle for less and are constantly finding new ways and designing new processes to improve the quality of your work.
- Comfortable working autonomously and within a team - our team is small, so being able to balance independence with collaboration is really important.
- Tech-savvy - you'll need to quickly get to grips with our systems, so good skills and the ability to learn new software, applications and technology is a must.
- Happy to get stuck in – as with any startup, some duties might be unexpected, or there might be times when it’s all hands on deck. We’re looking for people who want to see TechHub succeed and will get the job done.
- The kind of person who goes the extra mile – you’re genuinely helpful and committed; and these qualities won’t go unnoticed with us, we believe in giving credit where credit’s due.
- Email your CV with “TechHub Bangalore Ecosystem Development Manager” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include a covering letter in your email. We will not consider applications without a covering letter! Tell us why you're interested in the role and why we should hire you - we want to know why you're excited by this particular opportunity.
- Detail relevant experience and skills in the covering letter - no need to write about your entire work history - concentrate instead on the parts that you consider most relevant to this position, as outlined in the job description.
- Include your earliest start date.
- Include your salary expectations (please at least include a range).
- Be professional but with personality - don't write like a corporate drone, let your real self shine through your email.