Would you like to be part of a tech startup phenomenon? TechHub launched six years ago and has grown into a global community of technology entrepreneurs. Our community and programmes help startups at all stages get better, faster. We have two TechHubs in London, plus TechHubs in Madrid, Riga, Bucharest, Bangalore, Swansea, Warsaw, and some very exciting announcements on the horizon about new locations. We work with over 750 startups around the world to help them scale.
In February 2016 we announced our global partnership with Google for Entrepreneurs to help our our startups go truly global. We are excited to give each and every TechHub member in the world access to programmes and assistance from Google, including Google mentors, programmes, demo days, and GCP credits for qualifying startups.
We’re now on the lookout for a Programme Manager in London to help shape the future of TechHub and the way we support, educate and help our startups scale. As startups and ecosystems develop, the challenges entrepreneurs face evolve. Our programme helps startups setting up their company, building their product, raising finance, finding customers and building and managing teams. We also help scale-up companies with product, testing and building the company culture.
You will be in great company - every TechHub team member is smart, fun, friendly and all-round awesome. You will be part of a truly global organisation and work with the extended TechHub family - teams in the United Kingdom, Spain, Poland, India, Latvia and Romania, and colleagues of more than 10 different nationalities, and with members from over 60 countries.
Our Programme Managers design, produce, run and host the best support in the ecosystem. You will develop a strong understanding of our members’ challenges, needs and interests in order to create content that is of the highest quality, relevance and impact to London tech startups. Our events, such as the legendary #TechHubTuesday Demo Night (which runs simultaneously in four cities on the same day every month) and Startup Funeral, are well-loved in tech ecosystems around the world, and we are unstoppable in our pursuit of new and exciting content that offers maximum value to startups.
The support programme is jam-packed and diverse, so superstar organising skills are a must. You will need to be on top of everything at all times, from strategic programming to the smallest details. You‘ll become the face of TechHub events, welcoming attendees and guests at the beginning of each event, and will need to be able to speak to people at the event if they have questions or want to know more about TechHub.
Responsibilities of the role
The Programme Manager is responsible for the administrative duties, operations, and the full execution of the programme.
- Develop & deliver the startup support programme at TechHub London - As Programme Manager you are the strategic and delivery lead for the startup support programme at TechHub London, developing and running the best events, securing the best speakers, mentors and investors and ensuring TechHub adds real value to the members.
- Gather feedback and iterate the curriculum of the programme - TechHub lives and breathes startups, so our event programme needs to be as agile and responsive to our members’ needs and interests as our members’ startups are to their users.
- Run, host & promote events - you will promote and ensure smooth running of the event on the day, recruit and manage our volunteer event assistants, welcome guests, manage clear-up and lock up after the event.
- Manage relationships and coordinate scheduling speakers; engage influencers, the best speakers and investors from across London.
- Represent TechHub at local community events, both actively and passively and communicate our objectives in the community and ensure we are delivering industry best practice.
- Budget managing - understand and optimise the cost of the programme.
- Lead generation - excite new startups in joining the TechHub community.
We're looking for:
- Knowledge of London's tech ecosystem
- Great public speaking skills - you're confident in front of a room with over 200 people, but you can easily engage & shine in a 1-on-1
- Creativity & proactivity - while you're great at jumping in and doing things last-minute when necessary, you have strong skills in creating processes to ensure that nothing is forgotten and your work flows smoothly.
- Great analysis experience - you know how to analyse data and feed it back into the programmes or other activity for greater success.
- Experience taking responsibility for complete projects, going through the entire project lifecycle right from inception to completion and round again.
- Great interpersonal skills and someone who thrives in a team environment.
- Excellent self-management and organisational ability.
- Someone who’s not afraid to get their hands dirty.
- A focus on best practice and an eye for trends and innovations in your area.
- email your CV (in English) with “TechHub London Programme Manager” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- include a covering email (in English) telling us why you're interested in the role and why we should hire you - we want to know why you're excited by this particular opportunity. We will not consider applications without a covering letter!
- briefly detail relevant experience and skills in the covering email - no need to write about your entire work history (as it will be in your CV), concentrate instead on the parts that you consider most relevant to this position.
- include your earliest start date and salary expectations (please at least include a range)
- be professional but with personality - don't write like a corporate drone, let your real self shine through your email.
NO PHONE CALLS.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE