Would you like to be part of a tech startup phenomenon? TechHub launched five years ago and we’re committed to making a difference to tech startups around the world. We have two TechHubs in London, plus TechHubs in Madrid, Riga, Bucharest, Bangalore, Swansea, Warsaw, and some very exciting announcements on the horizon about new locations.
We’re looking for someone special as a Marketing & Communications Manager to lead our marketing and communications efforts. You’re a generally awesome and enthusiastic person, looking to work with a fun and committed team. You’re excited about the tech industry and want to help keep TechHub at the forefront of helping tech startups grow and succeed. You want to work on projects that are so successful, you’ll become known in the industry for your work and will speak at industry events.
You’re currently a strong, successful Marketing Manager, wanting to get your teeth stuck into something new where you’ll be responsible for all the company’s marketing and comms. You have a solid eye for business development and are looking to develop into a director-level role in the next 1-2 years, so you have good strategic ability coupled with a comfort in getting your hands dirty.
We’re looking for:
- Strong experience in the areas of responsibility listed below.
- Excellent communication and copywriting skills.
- Great analysis experience - you know how to analyse data and feed it back into campaigns, programmes or other activity for greater success.
- Experience taking responsibility for complete projects, going through the entire project lifecycle right from inception to completion and round again.
- Great interpersonal skills and someone who thrives in a team environment.
- Excellent self-management and organisational ability. Someone who’s not afraid to get their hands dirty.
- A focus on best practice and an eye for trends and innovations in your area.
Responsibilities of the role
High-quality marketing and communications is an essential part of our day-to-day business, and your work will contribute to our overall business development as you work closely with our community development teams and senior management. You are data-obsessed! You want to know how effective our marketing and comms are and learn what you can do better to iterate even more effective campaigns.
- Marketing & comms strategy - you will be the developer and manager of all marketing and communications strategy and activity, liaising with the global and local teams, and working with and reporting to the senior management team. You’ll be responsible for developing a good flow of leads for membership and liaising closely with our community development teams on their conversion rates, and to ensure we’re getting our important sales messages out quickly.
- Brand management and development - review current brand, brand position, values, implementation and work on a new, structured brand development programme. This covers all brand activity, including physical site branding. You’ll oversee the brand implementation at all of TechHub’s international sites.
- Partnership & business development - your work on partnership business development proposals and decks is essential and you’ll be able to shine in meetings with potential partners, with support from the senior leadership team.
- Marketing execution & materials - requirements gathering, design, copywriting, production & distribution for print, digital and other materials, including presentations and promotional collateral. You’ll work with the team on any communications, including event copy, and you’ll help select any external agencies required, and manage those relationships.
- Data, metrics & ROI - you’ll work with with our tech team to develop and monitor marketing metrics, oversee data collection and analyse this data meaningfully to inform and improve marketing activity and report on ROI.
- Social media - manage social media policy, accounts, devise metrics, track successes.
- Web - managing and analysing SEO to inform marketing and PR activity, and liaising with the development team to optimise our online products.
- External event marketing - keeping abreast of all industry conferences and events and deciding which we should have a presence at (people, materials, sponsorship etc), plus managing and allocating speaking opportunities.
- Email marketing - you’ll take on responsibility for all email activity, including data collection and analysis of open and click-through rates, liaising with our development team to increase the success of further activity.
- CRM - you’ll use your knowledge and experience to help inform and shape our CRM development.
- Content strategy - developing a coherent web content strategy, particularly around blogging and video, to increase traffic and engagement. You’ll generate, curate and coordinate blog and video content. You’ll also manage photography of our spaces and events, and all image assets created.
- Freelance recruitment & management - you’ll recruit and manage freelance designers and copywriters when needed.
- Reporting and management - ensuring all projects are undertaken in an organised way, from project proposal, through project management, progress reporting to the management team and project reviews and analysis at the end.
- email your CV and LinkedIn profile to email@example.com
- put ‘MCM - TechHub London” in the subject line include a covering email telling us why you’re interested in the role. We want to know why you’re excited by this particular opportunity.
- Detail your relevant experience and skills in the email and map them directly to our “Responsibilities of the role” section above.
- Include your current salary and salary expectations and your earliest start date.
NO PHONE CALLS
NO AGENCIES PLEASE