Welcome to Twenty Question Tuesdays with TechHub Swansea
Over the coming weeks and months we�re going to be to running a series of blog posts profiling the people who work in and around our industry. We have been interviewing people from (mostly) local companies, and we have a whole range of specialisms who�ll be featured. We�re really trying to focus on the human side of tech, which has made for some very interesting answers!
If you want to get involved just click: I want to Play 20 Questions with TechHub Swansea!
Today, is one of the least interesting people we've interviewed. His name is Phil and he�s the new Community and Events Organiser here at TechHub (Hint: Its me!).
Thanks for taking the time to do a Q&A with TechHub. So far we know you�re Phil from TechHub. Let's see how much more we can find out in 20 Questions!
1. What is your expertise?
Well I�m currently a computer science student so I�m still learning, but I dabble in web and app development.
2. Tell us what a normal day for you looks like.
Today I was up at half 6 and out on the road bike for a quick 30k loop before getting into work for a shower and change. The TechHub offices are really flexible, so while I�m at my desk at the moment I�ll do some twittering on the sofas later and probably a game or two of pool over lunch. After work today I�m heading out to Llangennith to go surfing!
3. How long have you been involved in Tech?
I�ve always been interested but started my degree two years ago.
4. What does your company do?
TechHub is a unique environment where technology startups can start up faster. We nurture an international network of like-minded and focused tech entrepreneurs, providing places where they can work, meet, collaborate, network, learn and have fun.
5. What role do you have now and how long have you been in it?
I�m the community and events organiser and i've been doing this for just over a month now.
6. How did you end up in your current role?
Through an internship program with Swansea University.
7. Whats the most rewarding thing about your job, what makes it all worthwhile?
So far it has been making the contacts to host exciting events and ensuring that they run smoothly!
8. What are your greatest achievements to date?
I�m currently on track for a 1st class degree. After having dropped out of one course, I�m pretty proud of that!
We also have Google coming down for an event in a couple of weeks!
I've also raced in the Megavalanche and will be doing so again next year!
9. What do you do when you�re not in work?
Ride bikes, surf, play tennis, read sci fi, play games, there really aren�t enough hours in the day!
10. Which area do you live in and how long have you been living there?
Swansea! I�ve been down here for 7 years now.
11. What would you like to see happen to your Tech Scene immediately and in the future?
As an event manager it's not unsurprising when I say I�d like to see more tech events, things like lightning talks where people can come and talk for 5 minutes about what they�re working on and what problems they�re facing. If you�re talking to other people from the industry they may always have a solution you haven�t thought of!
12. If you had to recommend one book, film or game to me, what would it be and why?
It would have to be Joss Whedon�s Firefly. I don�t want to spoil anything, but I�m still not over it.
13. Name three things you would take with you on a foreign holiday.
Surf Board, Mountain Bike, Board Shorts. For my perfect holiday I wouldn�t need anything else!
14. Mac, Linux or PC?
Despite currently working on a Mac, I�m a Windows fanboy.
15. Xbox, PS4, or PC (or other)?
Xbox, because PC ports are always so disappointing.
16. What is your claim to fame?
I used to play tennis with Robert Plant, the lead singer of Led Zepplin.
17. If they made a film of your life, who would play you?
A young Kevin Spacey (Usual Suspects not House of Cards)
18. Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?
Elon Musk, he has so many pioneering ideas I�d love to know what he has planned next!
19. Tell us something about yourself that people wouldn�t expect.
I can fly light aircraft.
20. What's your superpower, or what's your spirit animal?
Penguin, I'm not entirely sure why but I have been reliably informed that it is!
Thanks for reading Twenty Questions with TechHub Swansea. Remember if you want to get involved just click:
I want to Play 20 Questions with TechHub Swansea!
See you next week!