Welcome to Twenty Question Tuesdays with TechHub Swansea.
Last week we introduced Twenty Question Tuesdays and you met me, (sorry)! We�re sticking with TechHub staff this week; we sprung twenty questions on Eleri on her first day yesterday! Eleri is the other part of our Community and Events team here at TechHub Swansea.
If you want to get involved just click: I want to Play 20 Questions with TechHub Swansea!
Thanks for taking the time to do a Q&A with TechHub, not that we gave you much choice! So far we know you�re Eleri from TechHub. Let�s see how much more we can find out in 20 Questions!
1. What is your expertise?
Writing; in a nutshell. Copywriting, branding, social media and bad puns! My last job had elements of UX and UI, I think content is a crucial part of UX and should be considered from the very start.
2. Tell us what a normal day for you looks like.
Well, as this is my first day on the job it�s difficult to tell but I�m sure it will change! I think that every day is going to be different here at TechHub.
3. How long have you been involved in Tech?
My first official job in tech was 4 years ago. I�ve always been interested in gaming and started PC gaming as a teen, but I�ve been in the tech industry professionally for 4 years.
4. What does your company do?
TechHub is a platform for aspiring tech start ups in Swansea and South Wales to start up faster.
5. What role do you have now and how long have you been in it?
I�ve been here for a grand total of 7 hours now and I�m the Community and Events Manager.
6. How did you end up in your current role?
I saw the job listing on LinkedIn and tracked down Paul through TechHub London to tell him why he should give me the job!
7. Whats the most rewarding thing about your job, what makes it all worthwhile?
In the 7 hours so far... I�m really excited about being involved in the tech scene in Wales. I want to engage with people locally and help it grow.
8. What are your greatest achievements to date?
I�ve done a Tough Mudder and I didn�t die! Moving to London after growing up in Ystradgynlais was pretty big as well.
9. What do you do when you�re not in work?
Walk my two dogs (two Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, affectionately known as The Pigs). I spend most of my money on gigs and rugby matches. I also play dodgeball.
10. Which area do you live in and how long have you been living there?
I�m from Ystradgynlais originally and moved to London for 10 years before coming back to Wales at the start of this year.
11. What would you like to see happen to your Tech Scene immediately and in the future?
It�s a hot topic at the moment but I do really want to see more girls in tech. I think the important point here is I�d love to see a shift in the way the tech scene is perceived.
12. If you had to recommend one book, film or game to me, what would it be and why?
As much as I love gaming, it would have to be a book.
�A Spot of Bother� by Mark Haddon. Mark Haddon is famous for �A curious incident of a dog in the night time� but I think this one is even better. I�ve never had such a mix of emotions as invoked by �A Spot of Bother�, it really was like being inside the book.
13. Name three things you would take with you on a foreign holiday.
Books... lots of books!
Spotify for Music.
Sun block - just for my nose, it always burns and I look ridiculous!
14. Mac, Linux or PC?
Teenage me would be so upset but Mac. I was finally fully won over when I discovered you could get Theme Hospital on Mac.
15. Xbox, PS4, or PC (or other)?
Xbox. I quite like the UI on my Xbox One!
16. What is your claim to fame?
I played drums in the Millennium Stadium to a full house! It was before the Bradford Leeds Heineken Cup Final.
17. If they made a film of your life, who would play you?
This is really hard! Beyonce because, well, it's Beyonce!
18. Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?
Either someone who I really fancy or someone really inspiring. I think I�d have to go with Stephen Fry. He�s well fit.
19. Tell us something about yourself that people wouldn�t expect.
I was on the Welsh shooting team when I was in the ACF, I have my marksmanship and I�ve fired an AK47.
20. What's your superpower, or what's your spirit animal?
I can eat copious/disgusting amounts of bacon/meat in one sitting!
Thanks for reading Twenty Questions with TechHub Swansea. Remember if you want to get involved just click:
I want to Play 20 Questions with TechHub Swansea!
See you next week!