Welcome to the latest edition of Twenty Question Tuesdays with TechHub Swansea.
Last week we spoke to our office manager, Alayne. This week, we're chatting to Gwion Rhys Davies, a resident member at TechHub Swansea!
Don't forget - If you want to get involved just click: I want to Play 20 Questions with TechHub Swansea!
So, over to Gwion and his 20 answers...
1. What is your expertise?
2. Tell us what a normal day for you looks like.
I spend most of my time working with Paul (director of TechHub) on some of his projects, experimenting with new tech and learning as much as I can. I am also working on iSee, a mobile puzzle game based on iSpy.
3. How long have you been involved in Tech?
I started developing iOS apps back in 2010 with my first app bring released in 2011, before going to Uni to study Computer Science!
4. What does your company do?
Software development specialising in mobile and embedded systems.
5. What role do you have now and how long have you been in it?
I am the Director and it's been 1 year.
6. How did you end up in your current role?
I was working in another company at TechHub before deciding to go it alone.
7. Whats the most rewarding thing about your job, what makes it all worthwhile?
Getting credited because I have a massive ego.
8. What are your greatest achievements to date?
I achieved an 'A' in A-Level electronics 2 years before my peers back in 2009.
9. What do you do when you’re not in work?
Build working miniature models, mostly of trains. I play a big part of the Swansea Railway Modellers Group of which I'm the club's Webmaster. I am also into photography, video and 3D Printing.
10. Which area do you live in and how long have you been living there?
I live in Fforestfach, Swansea and I've been doing so for the past 4 years.
11. What would you like to see happen to your Tech Scene immediately and in the future?
I want to see more done in the way of the 'Internet of Things' and 3D Printing... but I'd really like teleportation to happen.
12. If you had to recommend one book, film or game to me, what would it be and why?
Film - Pirates of Silicone Valley
13. Name three things you would take with you on a foreign holiday.
My laptop, my phone and unlimited money.
14. Mac, Linux or PC?
15. Xbox, PS4, or PC (or other)?
PC Master Race!
16. What is your claim to fame?
I have met and spoken to Sir Terry Matthews on several occasions.
17. If they made a film of your life, who would play you?
18. Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?
Steve Wozniak, the all great and powerful Woz.
19. Tell us something about yourself that people wouldn’t expect.
I was born deaf and cured at the age of three with an operation.
20. What's your superpower, or what's your spirit animal?
I have an eidetic memory.
Thanks, Gwion! Remember, if you want to get involved just click: I want to Play 20 Questions with TechHub Swansea!
See you next week!