Early stage tech startup looking for investment, distribution partnerships, media exposure and valuable connections? Applications are now open for the 4th edition of Startup Spotlight, competition and mentoring program with 20k cash prizes. Attendance is free of charge, and all you have to do is submit your application by Oct 30!
This year as well, Startup Spotlight will bring together 32 early stage tech startups from the CEE for 3 days of workshops, mentoring & pitching. If you’re the founder of a CEE tech startup, you have built at least a working prototype for your product, and you have not raised more than 500k EUR for the current product, then you’re a perfect fit for the program.
What’s in it for you?
- Access to a curated deal-making pipeline (funding, distribution, business builders)
- Valuable connections that can help you take your product & business to the next level
- Visibility: the chance to get noticed by pitching on the main stage of How to Web + media exposure in relevant tech publications and on the How to Web blog
- 20k USD cash prizes, offered by IXIA, our main partner
- Full access tickets to How to Web Conference 2015 for you to explore the European tech ecosystem at its best
Meet the mentors
If you’ll be one of the finalists, you’ll have 12 one-on-one meetings with mentors (accelerators, angels, early-stage VC funds, potential distribution partners, professionals with relevant expertise), carefully selected to match your needs. Among the investors that you’ll get to meet this year there are:
- Max Kelly, Managing Director, TechStars London;
- Carlos Espinal, Partner, Seedcamp;
- Alan Clayton, Roaming Mentor, SOS Ventures, the organizers of the HAX hardware accelerator;
- Rune Theill, Co-Founder, Rockstart Accelerator;
- Cedric Maloux, Managing Director, Startup Yard.
And many many more! The list of investors that confirmed their attendance so far is available online here, and new ones will be constantly added to fit the interests & needs of the teams that will make it into the program.
Still not convinced?
With a 35% success rate, Startup Spotlight is one of the most successful programs in terms of deals closed and the achievements of the alumni stand as a proof in this respect. Curious to find out more? Check out the Startup Spotlight Progress Report, presenting the results of the 3 editions ran so far.
Among the alumni there are some of the rising stars in the European startup ecosystem. You might’ve heard about:
- Incrediblue, startup that closed a series A round led by Connect Ventures;
- MavenHut, company that has recently made the biggest exit in the Romanian gaming industry by selling the rights for Solitaire Arena and Solitaire 3 Arena to RockYou;
- AxoSuits, the creators of a medical exoskeleton that’s now undergoing clinical trials.
The next one could be you!
The crew at How to Web is actively scouting for the best & brightest tech startus in the CEE. Are you one of them? Submit your application by October 30!
If you want to know more, George, our Startup Programs Manager will be happy to talk to you and answer all your questions. Just drop him a line at George [-dot-] dita [-at-] howtoweb [-dot-] co