Autumn and chilly weather may be approaching fast, yet it is never cold with Startup Sauna, the biggest Northern and Eastern European accelerator, in Riga. On September 18 they were back again to offer a one day coaching event to local startups, helping them become better.
Startup Sauna�s event in Riga was searching for scalable businesses that had great teams, able to execute, and had working prototypes or already launched products. From 19 applications 14 teams were invited to pitch to mentors� panel, and afterwards the mentors chose 6 the most promising businesses for the coaching session.
The teams, selected for mentoring:
- Funderful helps universities, schools and NGOs create engaging online giving platforms.
- Furnny builds an application that makes home furnishing faster, cheaper and easier.
- Katali is a smart travel companion application that makes travel planning easier and customized.
- SmartSchool builds a tool for schools to collect, analyse and report feedback from their students on teaching.
- Qfer is an application that provides users with free mobile offers and gives businesses and opportunity to distribute them easily and quickly.
- PractiCan is a professional network that helps the employers select young talented people effectively and the youth get their first job experience virtually from thousands of employers with unique tool Virtual Practice.
For the upcoming hours the selected teams worked individually with the mentors creating a productive noise at The Mill. Among mentors were Maris Dagis, Artturi Tarjanne, Anna Andersone, Marrku Issakainen, Andris K. Berzins, Viesturs Sosars, and Timo Tirkkonen. Thus, the teams could improve their business models, go-to-market strategies, and product development and receive a valuable feedback on their business.
In the end, Startup Sauna mentors announced the top performances of the day � Funderful and SmartSchool. These teams proved to have a strong skillset and product awareness, necessary for business success.