Startup Sauna, the biggest accelerator in the region, came over to TechHub Riga to offer a one day coaching to local startups. The warm-up event gave a great insight in the local startup scene, and we were pleased to see both well-known and new faces on the pitching stage.
The day began with 15 startups pitching in the front of the coach panel that featured Artturi Tarjanne, Jan-Erik Nyr�vaara, Pasi Ilola, Timo Tirkkonen, Egils Boitmanis, Ernest Jenavs, Viesturs Sosars, Alexander Bickov and Arturs Mednis. 7 teams were selected for the individual coaching session afterwards:
- CheeksUp � an engaging and motivating face motion game.We have a new technology, what on 80% can do the therapist work for face and oral-motor training, so a big part of the work will be automated. Using 3D camera, we're tracking face muscle movements and giving a real-time feedback with appropriate awards.
- Lazy � a simple task and time planner that helps you plan and prioritize faster and easier.
- ByRak � world's safest open air bike parking dock with a built-in chain and an electronic lock.Solution is making bicycle racks that can protect bicycles with high quality hardened steel chain which has built-in cutting and sawing sensors.
- PractiCan � professional network for youth to search for their first work experience and employers to hire new talanted youngsters.
- inSelly � the easiest tool for online selling that requires only a smartphone and Instagram app. InSelly.com is a Marketplace for Instagram. Our system uses Instagram API to aggregate all pictures with "selling" tags (eg. #forsale, #igshop etc.), brings them to inSelly.com thus creating Instagram user's personal online shop on the platform.
- Innervoice � an international audioguide platform for museums, where museums can upload audio files in the cloud, but visitors can use the audioguide on their smartphones.
- InHub � a clever digital business card sharing and organising.
At the end of the day inSelly, Byrak and Lazy were named as the best teams of the Riga warm-up.
The event was supported by Latvian Guarantee Agency in the framework of Support for startup education and workshop organization.