To work towards a more diverse tech industry, TechHub is offering 10 entrepreneurs free TechHub NYC memberships for one year. With a Flex membership, you’ll be able to drop in to any TechHub in the world and join our community of visionary entrepreneurs and startup teams. You’ll be able to attend programming and events, take advantage of connections, and access opportunities through the TechHub network.
We want to find some amazing founders developing exciting products, and forge relationships between innovators working to change the world through technology. After that first year, we hope you’ll stay to keep growing your business, and help support others who can learn from your experiences. We envision an inclusive future where every tech entrepreneur has the resources and network to thrive.
We know that access and privilege creates imbalance in the tech industry, and whatever your ethnic background, sexual orientation, gender identity, or physical ability, you deserve the same opportunities to be part of the tech community and grow your business. We’re working specifically to promote and engage with entrepreneurs who represent diverse communities, reaching beyond our own network and our network’s network, and to provide access to the support that TechHub offers.
TechHub will announce the entrepreneurs and companies we’ve chosen to give your products some publicity, and we’d love you to become a role model for others by writing some blog posts for TechHub.com. We believe documenting your experience and promoting visibly will encourage and support underrepresented communities in the tech industry. If you don’t wish to be a part of this public exchange, let us know, we don’t want that to stop you from applying.
Which group or groups currently underrepresented in the tech industry are you part of?
We’re focusing on including more of the following folks. If you’d like to be considered for this program for another reason, please select “other” and give us some details about why.
- People of color
- Cis-gender women
- LGBTQIA+ folks
- Trans persons (of any gender)
- Genderfluid/non-binary/a-gender persons
- Disabled persons
- Refugees and forced migrants
- Other (please tell us more)
TechHub is exclusively for product tech companies. Our approach to supporting startups is different.
- We don’t take equity, impose metrics or membership time limits.
- We work with a curated community of only tech product startups and scaleups by understanding the process you go through and the needs you have at each stage.
- Our support program helps startups across all stages of development and includes weekly investor coffee mornings, corporate engagement sessions, as well as office hours and workshops. There’s no set program to complete, you dip in and out when it’s right for you - when you want to get your head down and work, you can do that too.
How to apply
- Fill in your details in our brief form. Submit by June 10th, 2018.
- If you’d like to book on a tour to come and check out TechHub, you’re welcome to http://thub.co/nyctour
- If you’d like to find out more about our program visit https://www.techhub.com/programme/ or attend our events https://www.techhub.com/events
Are you an organization that can support more founders?
We’re also offering the chance to other companies, small or large, plus VCs and successful founders to get involved in supporting underrepresented people in the tech industry by funding additional bursaries for TechHub membership. We’ll be happy to keep your support private if you wish, or shout out thanks from the rooftops. Interested? Drop our founder Elizabeth a line at email@example.com